Bubi population (Equatorial Guinea) characterised by D3S1358, D8S1179, D18S51 and D19S253 STR-PCR polymorphisms
Allele frequencies for eight STR loci have been analysed in the Bubi population of Bioko Island, Equatorial Guinea.
Loa Loa filariasis or loiasis is a subcutaneous and bloody vectorial parasitosis. It is endemic in forest and swamp areas of west and central Africa. We reviewed 26 moroccan cases of importation. All patients had visited Equatorial Guinea. Transient and migratory edema with pruritus were described in all cases and seen in 5 cases.
Nine Y-STR loci from the ʺminimal haplotypeʺ included in Y-STR Haplotype Reference Databases (YHRD) together with eight additional Y-STRs (DYS437, DYS438, DYS439, DYS460, DYS461, GATA C4, GATA H4 and GATA A10) were analyzed in a sample of 101 males from Equatorial Guinea living in Madrid.
Four new species of Hymenocoleus are described, they come from Cameroon, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, and Congo.
Evidence for a discrete evolutionary lineage within Equatorial Guinea suggests that the tsetse fly Glossina palpalis palpalis exists as a species complex
Tsetse flies of the palpalis group are major vectors of Human African Trypanosomiasis in Africa. Accurate knowledge of species identity is essential for vector control. Here, we combine ribosomal internal transcribed spacer 1 (ITS1), mitochondrial Cytochrome Oxidase 1 (COI) and microsatellites to determine the population structure and phylogenetic relations of Glossina p. palpalis in Equatorial Guinea.
Several papers dealing with Orchidaceae from Atlantic Central Africa have recently been published. However, orchid distributions in this area remain poorly known. Over the last decade, we have conducted an intensive fieldwork programme in Cameroon and Equatorial Guinea.
Leaders gathering in Equatorial Guinea for the Africa-South America Summit should press President Obiang to undertake serious human rights and democratic reforms.
The 2013 Reporters Without Borders World Press Freedom Index, which measures respect for media freedom, ranks Equatorial Guinea 166 out of 179 countries.
This volume deals with the origins and rise of Christian pilgrimage cults in late antique Egypt. In addition, it includes illustrations of the Abu Mina site, pilgrims' ampules from the Thecla shrine, as well as several maps.
Equatorial Guinea again scored poorly on the International Budget Partnership’s Open Budget Survey 2012, reflecting the inability of its citizens to participate in or monitor the country’s budget decisions.
Latest News About EG
- A I Asiwaju; Bawuro M Barkindo; R E Mabale (1)
- A P Davis; E Flgueiredo (1)
- A Benito; J Roche; R Molina; C Amela; J Alvar (2)
- A Gil, J Vioque y E Torija (1)
- A Heredia; A Vallejo; V Soriano; M Gutierrez; S Puente; J S Epstein; I K Hewlett (1)
- A Herrero, C Aedo, M Velayos, and R L L Viane (1)
- A Riaza; M L Martinez-Torres; R Ramon-Lluch; J Alonso; P Heras (1)
- A Toll; F Gallardo; M Ferran; M Gilaberte; M Iglesias; J L Gimeno; S Rondini; R M Pujol (1)
- A. Martín del Molino (1)
- Aaron Segal, and Max Liniger-Goumaz (1)
- International Monetary Fund (1)
- UN. Commission on Human Rights, and Special Rapporteur on Torture (1)
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1)
- AFP (3)
- Africa Live Online (1)
- Africa Progress Panel (1)
- African Affairs, Vol. 103, Issue 413, pp. 547-567 (1)
- African Development Bank, African Union, UN Economic Commission for Africa (1)
- African Economic Outlook (1)
- African Training and Research Centre in Administration for Development (2)