Information Center: Human Rights
The illegal arbitrary arrest Mr. Asumu and Mr. Okenve is yet another example of the Equatoguinean Government’s disrespect for basic human rights.
The Center for the Opening and Development of Latin America (CADAL) organized a conference for the International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Totalitarianism, in Buenos Aires, at the end of August 2016.
Grave concerns about mounting human rights violations committed by the government of Equatorial Guinea ahead of the April 24 presidential election against political opposition and independent media.
Equatorial Guinea imprisons anyone that voices dissent against the regime; CPDS member, Joaquin Elo Ayeto, is the latest example of the lack of rule of law.
Gender-based violence and discrimination against women are endemic in Equatorial Guinea despite international commitments made by the government.
EG Justice calls on Reverend Jackson to pressure the government of Equatorial Guinea to stop harassing civil society and political activists; and to stop torturing and committing violent acts.
A theater group was arbitrarily ordered to cancel its activities related to an HIV prevention campaign, because the government concluded that their work amounted to sedition.
Press freedom and access to information are severely curtailed in the country. Here is an illustration of recent examples of government censorship and violations of freedom of expression, assembly and association.
The Equatorial Guinea government carried out violent attacks over the last 24 hours against members of opposition party Ciudadanos por la Inovacion (CI, Citizens for Innovation).
The African Union Must Compel Equatorial Guinea to Abide by the Charter on Elections, Democracy and Governance.
Latest News About EG
Subject: Human Rights
- A Benito; J Roche; R Molina; C Amela; J Alvar (2)
- A Heredia; A Vallejo; V Soriano; M Gutierrez; S Puente; J S Epstein; I K Hewlett (1)
- AFP (2)
- Agustín Velloso (1)
- Alejandro Artucio (3)
- Alicia Campos Serrano (1)
- Alicia Campos Serrano and Plácido Micó Abogo (1)
- Allan Folsom (1)
- Ambeyi Ligabo (1)
- American Association of Jurists (AAJ) (1)
- UN. Commission on Human Rights, and Special Rapporteur on Torture (1)
- African Development Bank, African Union, UN Economic Commission for Africa (1)
- Afro - Hispanic Review (1)
- Afrol News (1)
- Ajintem (1)
- All Africa (1)
- allAfrica (1)
- Amnesty International (22)
- AP (1)
- Asociacion Pro Derechos Humanos de Espafia (1)