By requiring companies to open the books on payments to dictators, Dodd-Frank may help curb corruption in countries like Equatorial Guinea.
Tutu Alicante speaks with Democracy Now and Al Jazeera about abuses in Equatorial Guinea ahead of the African Union Summit.
Equatorial Guinea has made no substantive progress on budget transparency since 2008, the first year the country was included in the Index. In 2010, Equatorial Guinea matched its 2008 score of zero (out of 100) in the Index, while the global average score was 42.
EG Justice and its partners submitted reports and intervened with corresponding statements at the United Nations Human Rights Council's Universal Periodic Review of Equatorial Guinea in Geneva.
Describes the obstacles that the United Nations Smallpox Eradication/Measles Control Program had in Equatorial Guinea with its vaccination program that operated within the country following its independence.
Request for the inclusion of an additional item in the agenda of the 55th session of the UN General Assembly, Addendum
Addendum to letter from the Chargé d'affaires a.i. of the Permanent Mission of Equatorial Guinea to the United Nations addressed to the Secretary-General requesting observer status for the Economic Community of Central African States in the General Assembly.
This blog is a mosaic of Equatoguinean voices, information, commentary, and analysis of the issues and developments impacting Equatorial Guinea.
This 2011 State Department report finds Equatorial Guinea's response to human trafficking to be inadequate, particularly given the government’s substantial financial resources.
A document that outlines the UNHRC's acceptance of the outcome of the Universal Periodic Review on Equatorial Guinea
A video that highlights abuses in Equatorial Guinea and calls into question the government's spending priorities.
Latest News About EG
- A I Asiwaju; Bawuro M Barkindo; R E Mabale (1)
- A P Davis; E Flgueiredo (1)
- A Benito; J Roche; R Molina; C Amela; J Alvar (2)
- A Gil, J Vioque y E Torija (1)
- A Heredia; A Vallejo; V Soriano; M Gutierrez; S Puente; J S Epstein; I K Hewlett (1)
- A Herrero, C Aedo, M Velayos, and R L L Viane (1)
- A Riaza; M L Martinez-Torres; R Ramon-Lluch; J Alonso; P Heras (1)
- A Toll; F Gallardo; M Ferran; M Gilaberte; M Iglesias; J L Gimeno; S Rondini; R M Pujol (1)
- A. Martín del Molino (1)
- Aaron Segal, and Max Liniger-Goumaz (1)
- International Monetary Fund (1)
- UN. Commission on Human Rights, and Special Rapporteur on Torture (1)
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1)
- AFP (3)
- Africa Live Online (1)
- Africa Progress Panel (1)
- African Affairs, Vol. 103, Issue 413, pp. 547-567 (1)
- African Development Bank, African Union, UN Economic Commission for Africa (1)
- African Economic Outlook (1)
- African Training and Research Centre in Administration for Development (2)