Information Center: Health
Project of capacity-building in global public health. Resolution that includes plans for public health in different countries including Equatorial Guinea.
Equatorial Guinea : 2003 Article IV Consultation--Staff Report : Staff Statement : Public Information Notice on the Executive Board Discussion : and Statement by the Executive Director for the Republic of Equatorial Guinea.
Report that includes discussions on the economic developments of Equatorial Guinea that were based on information dated before August 12, 2003, it expresses the opinion of staff members, no necessarily the views of the Executive Board of the IMF.
Description of the cultural politics in Egypt, how important is family, children and fertility in Egypt.
Several cases of encephalopathy recorded in Cameroon since 1991 were in patients with very high, coincident, Loa loa microfilaraemias who had been treated with ivermectin for onchocerciasis.
Short Communication: Knockdown resistance mutations (kdr) and insecticide susceptibility to DDT and pyrethroids in Anopheles gambiae from Equatorial Guinea
The purpose of this paper was to determine the frequency of knockdown resistance (kdr) mutations in the malaria vector Anopheles gambiae s.s. from continental Equatorial Guinea; and to relate kdr genotypes with susceptibility to DDT and pyrethroid insecticides in this vector.
Seroprevalence of hepatitis B and C, and human immunodeficiency type 1 viruses in a rural population from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
The seroprevalence of hepatitis B virus (HBV), hepatitis C virus (HCV) and human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) markers was evaluated in a group of 2042 subjects from a rural area in the Republic of Equatorial Guinea, to obtain a better understanding of the transmission patterns of these viruses.
We present information that will help identify B. studeri and provide a correct diagnosis. The case reports indicate gastrointestinal disturbances in human bertiellosis.
The aim of the study was to perform a molecular characterization of clinical isolates of Cryptosporidium species from Equatorial Guinea. Standard laboratory methods were used to identify 35 cryptosporidiosis cases among 185 patients.
A semi-quantitative ELISA for detection of Trypanosoma brucei gambiense specific antibodies in serum and cerebrospinal fluid of sleeping sickness patients.
Using the assay, the antibody profiles of paired serum and cerebrospinal fluid samples of 28 patients have been studied. Total concentrations of various Ig isotypes were determined as well.
Study of hemoglobinopathies and glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase in the immigrant population in central and southern Saharan Maresme (Catalonia)
The objective of the present study is to know the type and prevalence of hemoglobinopathies and G6PD deficiency in sub-Saharan immigrant population residing in the center and south of the Maresme.
Latest News About EG
- A Benito; J Roche; R Molina; C Amela; J Alvar (2)
- A Heredia; A Vallejo; V Soriano; M Gutierrez; S Puente; J S Epstein; I K Hewlett (1)
- A Toll; F Gallardo; M Ferran; M Gilaberte; M Iglesias; J L Gimeno; S Rondini; R M Pujol (1)
- Ana Machuca, Vincent Soriano, Mayte Gutierrez, Africa Holguin, Antonio Aguilera, Estrella Caballero, and Gustavo Cilla (1)
- Antje Fischer, Pere P Simarro, Jose R Franco, Heiko Becher, and Dietmar Steverding (1)
- Basaras, M.; et al. (1)
- Berzosa PJ, Cano J, Roche J, Rubio JM, García L, Moyano E, Guerra A, Mateos JC, Petrarca V, Rosario VD, and Benito A (1)
- Bhagwant, S. (1)
- Blanco, M. A.; et al. (1)
- Boussinesq, M. and J. Gardon (1)
- African Development Bank, African Union, UN Economic Commission for Africa (1)
- Amnesty International (2)
- Department of Parasitology, Instituto de Salud Carlos 3rd, Ministry of Health, Madrid, Spain. (1)
- EG Justice (6)
- Global Witness (1)
- Human Rights Watch (1)
- Open Society Foundations (1)
- Republic of Equatorial Guinea (1)
- Save the Children (1)
- South South News (1)