European Parliament has reached a deal on the new extractive industries transparency rules.
Equatorial Guinea: another colony that was not paradise. Colony, law, and territory in the Golf of Guinea: ʺTensions with the Spanish colonialism in the XX centuryʺ
The author discusses the colonial processes in the Gulf of Guinea in relation to colonial law and territory, including topics such as the indigenous agricultural colonization and the abuse and protection of the people of Africa.
Security forces in Equatorial Guinea detained more than 100 youth during the last week of May. The reasons for the detentions remain unclear.
(African Arguments) Enforcing The Dodd-Frank Act Would Promote Transparency And Development In Africa
An op-ed that highlights the important role that the Dodd-Frank legislation in the U.S. could play in increasing transparency in Equatorial Guinea.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission today defended its final rule implementing a strong oil, gas and mining transparency law before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
As the legislative elections draw near, many Equatoguineans and pro-democracy advocates are wondering whether they will bring change to Equatorial Guinea, or whether the government will continue to disrespect its citizens’ basic rights.
The ecology and distribution of thirty-seven Melastomataceae species found on 29 inselbergs in the rain forest of Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, and Cameroon are described. The relative contributions of climatic determinism, and stochastic and historical processes to the present distribution of the species amongst the study sites are investigated.
To characterize the sequence variation and its correlation to serologic diversity of HIV-1 Group O and HIV-2 isolates, samples were identified by differential reactivity in selected commercial and research asays. Analysis of sera from Equatorial Guinea led to identification of 4 HIV-1 Group O variants.
Capacity building in the AFROFOODS region as one of the major priorities for the immediate future, to equip people to assist their own countries in reaching the ultimate goal of being able to compile good-quality food.
In this study we have characterized the whole coding region of Cw*1701 from a Bubi individual of Equatorial Guinea. Analyzed results and additional information is included.
Latest News About EG
- A I Asiwaju; Bawuro M Barkindo; R E Mabale (1)
- A P Davis; E Flgueiredo (1)
- A Benito; J Roche; R Molina; C Amela; J Alvar (2)
- A Gil, J Vioque y E Torija (1)
- A Heredia; A Vallejo; V Soriano; M Gutierrez; S Puente; J S Epstein; I K Hewlett (1)
- A Herrero, C Aedo, M Velayos, and R L L Viane (1)
- A Riaza; M L Martinez-Torres; R Ramon-Lluch; J Alonso; P Heras (1)
- A Toll; F Gallardo; M Ferran; M Gilaberte; M Iglesias; J L Gimeno; S Rondini; R M Pujol (1)
- A. Martín del Molino (1)
- Aaron Segal, and Max Liniger-Goumaz (1)
- International Monetary Fund (1)
- UN. Commission on Human Rights, and Special Rapporteur on Torture (1)
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1)
- AFP (3)
- Africa Live Online (1)
- Africa Progress Panel (1)
- African Affairs, Vol. 103, Issue 413, pp. 547-567 (1)
- African Development Bank, African Union, UN Economic Commission for Africa (1)
- African Economic Outlook (1)
- African Training and Research Centre in Administration for Development (2)