Please read the following to understand your rights, and the rights of EG Justice, in the use and operation of the EG Justice Website.
Terms and Conditions of Use:
Use of this website is provided by EG Justice, subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
2. EG Justice reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes will be posted on the website. Your continued use of the site after such changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these modified Terms and Conditions.
3. You agree to use the website for lawful purposes only, and in a manner that does not infringe on the rights of others or restrict or inhibit the use of the website by any third party.
4.The website and the information, names, images, pictures, or trademarks regarding or relating to EG Justice are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied.To the extent permitted by law, EG Justice excludes all liability for any loss or damages including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or damages, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the website, whether in contract or in negligence. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes EG Justice’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, fraud, or any liability which cannot be excluded to applicable law.
5. All intellectual propertyin the website and the material or information it contains (including without limitation copyright, designs, database rights, and trademarks (registered or unregistered) is and shall remain the property of EG Justice or its third party licensors. Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without authorization from EG Justice.Materials in the website may be copied for personal use only on the condition that all copyright notices and source indications are also reproduced, no modifications are made, and each relevant item is copied in its entirety. However, some materials have been published on the website with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not EG Justice). All rights are reserved on these materials and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners.
6. EG Justice takes no responsibility for the content of external internet websites.Following links to any other websites or pages shall be at your own risk and EG Justice shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damages resulting from the use of such other websites.
7. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the website, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or similar items, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information. EG Justice reserves the right to remove any such communication or material from the website at its own discretion.
8. EG Justice does not warrant that the functions and materials contained in the website will beuninterrupted or error free; that defects will be corrected; or that the website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
The Collection and Use of Your Personal Information:
1. Normal website usage: In general, you can browse the EG Justice site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. The only information we gather during general browsing is from standard server logs. These include your IP (Internet Protocol) address, domain name, browser type, operating system, and information such as the web site that referred you to us, the files you downloaded, the pages you visit, and the dates/times of those visits.
Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. To prevent the download of cookies, or otherwise control how cookies are used on your computer, please read the help information supplied with your Internet browser software or go to: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
3.Collection of personally identifiable information: If you register for a newsletter, request information, provide feedback, apply for a job, make a donation, join a discussion group, or join an electronic mailing list, you will be asked to provide personal information such as your name, postal address and e-mail address. This information is collected only with your knowledge and permission, and is kept in the EG Justice Database. If you make a donation, you may be asked to provide your credit card details.
4. Sharing of your personal information: EG Justice WILL NOT sell, rent, or share your personal information with third parties unless we receive your permission, or are required to disclose the information by law, or in the following circumstances:
Payment processing and fraud: Your credit card details may be disclosed to banks or relevant financial institutions to arrange payments for online donations. In the case of a suspected fraudulent transaction, your details may be further disclosed for the sole purpose of performing further checks (for example, disclosure to a credit checking agency).
Third party service providers:EG Justice uses third party service providers to help us to provide services and to operate. Whenever possible, such sharing of information will be subject to an agreement with each such service provider, requiring such service provider to comply with data protection requirements. We use service providers, which may change, to:
operate our websites and other IT systems
administer our e-mail lists
It is possible that a government or other entity will try to compel us to disclose data. Where reasonable, we will challenge any subpoena or other legal process that seeks access to any anonymous or personal data that we have collected from users of our website and mailing lists or otherwise.
If you request that we disclose, modify, or delete your information from our databases, or cease to make use of your personal information either temporarily or permanently, we will endeavor to comply with your request as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records to the extent that such retention is legally required and permitted.
6. Privacy Preferences:You may view, correct, or request the deletion of any of your information we have collected from you and stored by sending your request via email or letter to the relevant address provided below. You may choose not to receive newsletters, invitations, and other similar correspondence from us. You may subscribe or unsubscribe to our mailing list at any time by writing to the address below. A link to automatically unsubscribe will also be included in every email mailing.
PO Box 57297
Washington, DC 20037