Equatorial Guinea: post-election human rights violations.
Equatorial Guinea: post-election human rights violations.Amnesty International January 29, 1996
This brief report updates a report published by Amnesty International in July 1995 entitled Equatorial Guinea: A Dismal Record of Broken Promises, which describes the use by the Equatorial Guinean government of harassment, imprisonment, and ill-treatment as a means of curbing the activities of human rights and political activists. Shortly after the July report was written the Equatorial Guinean government declared an amnesty for a number of political prisoners. Amnesty International welcomes the releases but is concerned by news of further human rights violations leading up to and following Equatorial Guinea's first democratic municipal elections held on September 17, 1995.
External Linkshttp://www.amnestyusa.org/document.php?id=1C4193239028838E802569000069327B&lang=... ,
Latest News About EG
- Mineral-Rich Countries And Dutch Disease: Understanding The Macroeconomic Implications Of Windfalls And The Development Prospects, The Case Of Equatorial Guinea
- Farewell Speech of Ambassador John E. Bennett
- U.S. Transparency Law: Section 1504, Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform Act
- Evaluating dependence on wildlife products in rural Equatorial Guinea
- Letter from Archbishop Desmond Tutu to President Obiang